The idea started when we noticed several of our customers asking to keep our Blue Delivery Totes so they could fill them with used toner cartridges.
We taken back ink and toner cartridges and send them to responsible recyclers for years and some of our larger customers return a high volume each month.
Seeing that customers had our Blue Totes, we got to thinking and brainstormed some ideas like --- "What else could we collect from customers?" And "How can we turn this into something good for the community and the environment?"
So, fast forward to today and the launch of OneBox.
Here is how it works:
- Customers request a OneBox and we deliver an empty blue tote.
- Included with the tote is marketing material, posters and handout cards to educate the customers employees about OneBox.
- Employees can place everything from toners and inks to batteries, lightbulbs, clothing and food. ( the whole list can be found here ( link).
- When the OneBox is full our Lykki Driver will swap it out for an empty tote and return the full one to the Lykkiplex.
- Next we sort the tote and separate items for recycling, donations and the food bank.
We think it's a pretty cool idea so we would love your feedback and involvement.
To learn more - check out www.lykki.com/onebox