Friday, February 8, 2008

Meeting With EcoTrust Canada

After meeting Robert Safrata from Novex on January 28th, I reviewed all my notes from the meeting. He was a wealth of information about all things ECO. I am very dedicated to changing Costless Express to a Carbon Neutral Company.

EcoTrust CanadaOne group I decided to contact from my notes was EcoTrust Canada. Michelle Bonner, Project Planner was very informative about their services. One such service that caught my attention was a innovative new program to help small- and medium-sized businesses shrink their carbon footprint. Ecotrust Canada, in partnership with The Pembina Institute, the David Suzuki Foundation and corporate sponsors,is offering The Carbon Neutral Workgroup for Small Business will help companies calculate and reduce their greenhouse gas (CO 2 ) emissions. Companies participating in the Carbon Neutral Workgroup will identify cost-effective ways to reduce their carbon emissions. By helping to save the planet, participants will be saving themselves money too says Ian Gill, President of Ecotrust Canada .

CO2 EmissionsThe three month workgroup was a very reasonable $1000 so I signed up Costless Express. To my surprise, only 12 companies have actually completed the Workgroup and interest was still quite low. I'm sure that will change as word spreads about their reasonable and quality services.

I'll post another update after our first session on March 11th, 2008.

Calvin