Monday, June 4, 2007

Miracle Weekend 2007

Calvin works the phones for Miracle WeekendThis weekend is the BC Children’s Hospital Miracle Weekend.

On the Saturday night I joined some of Vancouver’s business leaders as part of the “Miracle Makers” panel at the BCTV Studios. Our goal was to call friends, family and associates over a very brief 1 hour period to raise money for the Hospital.

With my trusty Black Berry in hand, I was able to locate some very generous people who gladly helped support me. I was able to raise $4000 for the hospital. Thanks So Much to all the people who donated. The Kids appreciate it!

BC Children’s Hospital Foundation raised $14,688,536 for BC Children’s Hospital during the 20th annual Miracle Weekend, hosted by Global TV on June 2-3, surpassing its fundraising goal. Miracle Weekend events have raised approximately $120 million for the hospital since the first Miracle Weekend was held in 1988. That year, Miracle Weekend raised $1.6 million.

Calvin