Thursday, November 15, 2012

Filling an invisible bucket

Today when I asked my 6 year old boy how his day was, he told me he had filled 2 peoples "buckets."
I wasn't sure what he was talking about so I asked him to explain and he blew me away with his answer.
He said he thinks people have an invisible bucket filled with "good stuff" and sometimes when a persons bucket gets low he likes to help people fill theirs back up.
I had never head him talk about this before and it wasn't something we taught him. It was just the way he saw the world and other people and it made my heart melt.
I asked him how he filled other peoples buckets and he said with hugs or helping people pick up things they dropped. He is such an inspiration and our family will definitely use the "bucket" idea to make sure everyone we come in contact with is topped up.
Such a simple and yet impactful idea of how to spread a little happiness in the world. Sometimes letting ourselves think more like a child creates the best ideas.
Cheers
Calvin