Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Poem

We try hard to differentiate ourselves from our impersonal big box competition. How we do that is with long lasting real life relationships with our customers. Customers get to know us, and we get to know them over years of service. Some customers we have had for 18 years! We get to know the names of their children, their pets and their personal ordering preferences. I love seeing our sales people read their caller ID on their phone and answer the call with the customer's name. Thats a relationship!

Kathie, our call center manager, recently shared this lovely poem from one of her customers. The customer was leaving her company for other opportunities, and wanted to show her gratatude for the years of wonderful service Kathie and Costless had provided. Kathie welled up with tears, if I recall, from the emotion. To understand the last line, Kathie had sent over a giant cake on the customer's last day to say farewell.

Here it is:

On My Last Day
What can I say?
It is my last day.
It has been almost two years,
I really have to shed tears.

My colleagues and friends
who have helped me along the way,
You will never be forgotten,
This is a promise that I make.

For it has been a pleasure working with you,
It's truly inspiring;
It seems I have been working hard and felt down and yet
others are still very caring.

And now as I move on, I wish you all well.
What an unforgettable experience, in my heart this will dwell.
I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.....
And hope that this is not the end, but just the start.......

Good luck! (THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE CAKE!!!)
Jenny